Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Most WONDERFUL Time of The Year!

Some people love everything about Christmas. Some people hate everything about Christmas. I am somewhere in the middle. I love what Christmas is: Celebrating the birth of the most incredible man to date. Celebrating a man who gave up his life to protect us. Secondly, I love Christmas for decorating with lights and ornaments, watching kids get all excited, and sharing cookie recipes. That is what Christmas is to me. I have a hard time believing people hate Christmas…I do not think they hate it, but dislike certain parts of what Christmas is in America today: Spending insane amounts of money on people, lines at the mall, traveling to see people who can't even remember your birthday. I get it! I highly dislike those things, too. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy spoiling my little boy on Christmas, but that is my choice.
Now that my mini rant is over, let's get to the point of this post..because it really is the most wonderful time of the year. We have done so much this season: Christmas at Disneyland, the arrival of our elf, Jambalaya, buying and decorating a tree, baking Ninjabread men and chocolate chip cookies and enjoying the snow in Lake Arrowhead. What was so awesome about these things? I got to share these events with my family. That's what Christmas is.
I hope everyone of my friends and family near and far are enjoying this time in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment